Through a series of research exercises, the solution to Hickory Farms’ challenges took a multi-faceted approach:
- Enhance the website content.
- Ensure that search engines had the path of least resistance to index website content.
- Send signals to Google showing the website is worthy of ranking on page one.
Essentially, Hickory Farms needed to refine their site content to better match a person’s intent when searching for gift basket products online. To do this, Hickory Farms focused on the following initiatives:
- Create content around the needs-based searches performed by their new target audiences.
- Optimize meta titles, tags, and headings.
- Optimize information architecture, content structure, and format.
- Update current site copy to include additional keyword variations.
- Eliminate technical SEO roadblocks while improving website performance and improving page load speed.
- Syndicate content via digital PR, social, and paid channels to obtain links and social signals.